Sunday, July 19, 2009

Let them be little...

Thursday July 16, 2009
It's amazing what a full night's sleep can do for you. It really can work wonders. Thursday was a great day. My cousin Aaron lent me his car so me and the kids could go visit with my mom. After we hung out at my Aunt Konny's awesome pad for a while we went to see my mom and had a simply fantastic visit with her. Oh how I've missed my mom! She was so happy and the kids were so happy and I was ecstatic. It was a perfect visit. After that we went to my cousin Amy's house. My cousin Amy has always been one of my favorite cousins. Growing up she was the funnest cousin and that hasn't changed at all. The kids swam, swung on the bed swing and tree swings, jumped on the trampolines and pretty much had a blast the whole time. Amy made this wonderful dinner called Lomo Saltado which is a Peruvian stir-fry. Can you say DELICIOUS?! It was heaven for my mouth. So good! While we were there I reflected on the amazing mom and person that Amy is and felt motivated to be a better mom. She really takes the time to enjoy her kids and make their childhood fun and awesome as it should be. She is such an example to me. It's no doubt that her kids adore her as well as any other kid that's around her. I left that night wanting to be a better mom, to play more with my kids and to provide them every opportunity to enjoy their childhood as much as possible. It was such a great and memorable day for me!
Discussion Question:
What's one of your best memories of your childhood?

No comments: