Sunday, July 19, 2009

Leavin' on a Jet Plane...

Wednesday July 15, 2009
Wednesday was an extremely long and exhausting day for me. Like I mentioned in my last post, I never went to bed or slept the night before since I was cleaning, doing laundry and packing. So that made for a very tired momma. Our first flight to AZ was long and Joaquin did terribly. He does not like to sit still for 5 minutes let alone 3 1/2 hours. He was so tired and fussy and I was getting all the dirty looks from the passengers who just wanted to sleep and not listen to a crying baby. That is not fun. We finally made it to AZ, grabbed a quick bite and headed to our next flight to UT. That one went much better. It was quicker, my kids were fed and that helped a lot. By the time we landed in Salt Lake I had never been more tired in my life. I was literally going on fumes. My Aunt Konny was going to pick us up but she had a surgery meeting so we had to wait at the airport for about 2 hours after we landed. It was hard because of how tired I was but I'm so grateful that my kids did so well. They really were champs. And I am so grateful for my Aunt Konny's neverending generosity for getting me and my kids out here to Utah and providing us a place to stay and so much more. When we got to my Aunt's house I ordered some Pappa John's pizza, we ate and I don't remember much else. My little siblings Zach and Kenzie were dropped off by my cousins were they were staying. I was so excited and happy to see them since I hadn't seen them since we moved to Wisconsin in November. I can't believe how much they've grown. Zach's almost as tall as me and Mackenzie looks exactly like my mom. My cousin's daughter Shannon who's the same age as Kenzie spent the night and Baily was on cloud nine playing with the big girls. It was great. It was a long day but I'm grateful for all that came out of it.

Discussion Question:
When's a time you had to pull an all nighter and was it worth it?

1 comment:

Janel said...

I do all nighters every now and then, if I'm getting behind on housework and there is a big family event or holiday coming up that I have to host. I do it because it has always been so hard to get things done in the daytime with the kids as distractions, and having to stop what I am in the middle of to fix food, answer the door/phone, etc. I can see that I am having more time in the day now that they are all in school so mabye I won't have to do it so often anymore :D

Usually it is worth it!