Monday, July 13, 2009

In the summertime...

Monday July 13, 2009
Today pretty much was rad. I know I say it a lot but I LOVE the weather here. It's so nice to be able to get out and enjoy the summer. Our morning started off normally with Joaquin getting into anything and everything. Seriously, why do we even have the DVD's out where he can get them? You'd think we would learn. And for some reason he only had one Elmo slipper on but I think he was rockin' it don't you? It's a good thing he's cute because he is quite the menace. His name should be Dennis. After running some errands we picked up my step-mom Patty and my lil' bro Eyan and headed out to the beach for the first time this year. The beach was pretty rocky but that didn't stop us from having fun. The sand was so soft and it felt like heaven on my toes. My kids had a blast. They are such water babies.
After that we made a quick stop at Wally World and headed home for an easy dinner of nachos and junk food. Mom of the year right here folks. After dinner Patty brought us the bike trailer she bought for us (LOVE her!!) at a yard sale for $14. That's right- $14! We've been wanting one of these for years! The cheapest we've seen them are for like $75 on craigslist or at yard sales. Patty is the queen of thrifty-ness. It's awesome. She's teaching me her craft and I love it. Anyway we finished up dinner and made our maiden voyage with the bike trailer around the block 4 or 5 times and it was so fun. Quite the work-out too. We really didn't do a whole lot today that was extraordinary but it was such a perfect summer day. The weather was complete PERFECTION and it was just a rad day. Rad.
Discussion Question:
What are some of your favorite Summer memories?
P.S. Don't forget to read the posts below and reply to those discussion questions;)

6 comments:

Niki said...

I couldn't wait for school to let out so I could float down the Little Colorado River that runs through my parents' property on an inner tube. There was always a fresh litter or two of puppies, gobs of barn cats having their babies, plenty of spring colts to become aquainted with, building forts in the willow patch with my brothers, and I always got to drive the truck when it was time to haul hay. My friends all got to go to Rocky Point and San Diego, but I wouldn't trade my childhood summers for the world!

Niki said...

I couldn't wait for school to let out so I could float down the Little Colorado River that runs through my parents' property on an inner tube. There was always a fresh litter or two of puppies, gobs of barn cats having their babies, plenty of spring colts to become aquainted with, building forts in the willow patch with my brothers, and I always got to drive the truck when it was time to haul hay. My friends all got to go to Rocky Point and San Diego, but I wouldn't trade my childhood summers for the world!

Julaine said...

You are too funny how you think the weather is great here!! Although this summer has been amazing, almost too cool for this time of year. But we are glad you and here, even if I don't get to see you every sunday. Girlfriend, you need to take a day off and relax some!!

Malissa Cordova said...

I'm jealous of your weather, for sure!! It's too hot to even go anywhere cause the car doesn't cool off until you get to your destination!! You know how that goes!
My favorite summer memory this year will be putting the kids on the bus the first day of school!! lol I'm kidding! But not really!
I sure miss you!

Karen said...

I LOVE the pics of the kids having fun. They look so happy and that little boy of yours is so handsome! Some of my favorite summer memories are camping with my family.

BeauandEbenHolwick said...

Hmmm...favorite summer memories...there are so many! Could it be when Jared and Craig ran around the baseball field and track field with nothing but their shoes and socks on...and I mean nothing?..No, not that. Maybe it was when we all went up to fossil creek and had a blast...best swimming hole ever!..but thats probably not the favorite though. My favorite summer time memories are most definately going to play games on the field at night with cousins and neighborhood friends and then everyone sleeping over while the games continued at home and there was always someone waking up with toothpaste or whip cream on their face. Yeah....those are the good ol' days.