Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Wisconsin Vacation Part 1

So as I previously mentioned, my dad and step-mom finally sold their AZ home and were able to surprise me and my kids with a week-trip up to see them in Wisconsin while Robert spent his final week job-training in Florida. It was a very welcome surprise. It was a whirlwind trip and I'm so grateful I got to go see them. I don't get to see my dad's side of the family that much so when I do it's a very special treat. It went by fast but was fun and I was also grateful for the extra help with my kids. We were spoiled while we were up there which is always nice. We had fun creating memories and building stronger bonds. I wish we all lived closer together. I also gained a stronger appreciation for having the gospel in my life and a greater desire to keep our family strong in the church. Thanks dad and Patty for such an awesome trip and the chance to end our summer with a bang! Here's a pic overload for ya'!
The weather while we were there was absolutely PERFECT!! We seriously couldn't have asked for better weather. It was like 75-80 the whole time we were there and it was crisp and fresh with no humidity. Perfect! This was our first day in town and we had a lovely time at the beach. It was Joaquin's first time at the beach and as you can see, he loved it. Baily had a blast too!

This was when we went to my cousin Sarah and her hubby Matt's apartment. It was a lovely visit and a lovely day. After that we went to this adorable little market and I fell in love. It made me want to cook up a gourmet meal with such yummy, fresh ingredients. I wish we had such a charming market around here. It was really good to see my cousin and enjoy spending time with her.
Here we are enjoying some sweet corn on the cob and Okee Dokee (cheddar popcorn that's oh-so-yummy!)- 2 Wisconsin must haves. Joaquin enjoyed his grandpa time and it was just so sweet!
We got to go to the Renaissance Fair while we were there and it was awesome. It puts our lil' AZ Renaissance Festival to shame. It's seriously like as big as Disney Land. I forgot to load the stroller like a dummy so it was little rough carrying the Chunksters and having a 2 yr old walk the whole way but with lots of help we got through and had a good time. Next time I will definitely make sure to bring the stroller and it would also be so much funner with my hubby there because I know how much he would love it. The highlights were riding the elephant (it was a little scary), the mud show, watching Baily and my dad ride fun little rides, the jousting and my dad and Eyan sword fighting. Good times!
When you can't bring all the toys you improvise. This soda bottle was one of Joaquin's favorite toys while we were in Wisconsin. I love a simple boy!
My dad and step-mom have an awesome deck out back and we spent many a hours out there on this trip. The kids loved it as well as the dogs!

No comments: