Sunday, August 03, 2008

Sucked In

Friday August 1, 2008
After having a pretty good week of being productive and keeping my goals of no tv and very limited computer time I was feeling pretty good. That is until I got sucked into a very unproductive day of getting sucked into watching tv most of the day on Friday. And even worse, my vice was all things on the Bravo channel. I don't know why I love all their shows but it just sucks me in and keeps it's grip on me for way too long. Actually any time at all is too long. It must be all the drama and reality shows which I'm a sucker for. It's all so worldly though and I literally turn into a grump for some reason when I waste so much time watching tv all day. The saying, one step forward and two steps back, is so true with me. It seems like every time I do better and feel like I'm getting where I want to be in life I always fall back. I'm just gonna keep trying harder. I will not give up. Poor Baily... she had to deal with a very grumpy mom who didn't pay attention to her very much and needed some cheese for comfort food. After all, who doesn't go to cheese when in need of comfort? LOL... she really does crack me up. So after Robert got home, things got a little better. We got our Friday night pizza fix thanks to my SIL(thanks Martha!) which was good. I was super bummed and acting like a spoiled brat because I wasn't able to go to a midnight release party and get the new Breaking Dawn book. I wanted to go sooo bad (thanks for nothing Mr. McMahon!) and I really was pouting and acting like a baby. (I really am such a baby sometimes!) So I spent a lot of time trying to redeem myself from my follies of the day. I read some great chapters in the BOM, and then decided to get back on track with my reading the talks from General Conference. I read the talk "Do You Know Who You Are?" by Elder Burgess which was good and gave me some good advice on trying to know who I truly am which I feel like I struggle with a lot so that was nice. After that I decided to try and start catching up on my reading of Teachings of Joseph Smith which I'm so far behind on. So far behind that I was only on Chapter 3. But I'm glad I was on that chapter because it was all about my Savior which of course, is my favorite subject. I'm grateful I did that reading because it took away my bitterness and grumpiness and helped me to not be such a baby. How could I not be in a good mood after that?! So after the babies were asleep me and my babe watched most of the first season of The Office that we had rented. My cousin Becca loves this show and is always talking about how funny it is so we thought we'd try it out. We were not disappointed. We were cracking up. It takes a while to get to get used to the sense of humor it has but once you do it's hilarious. That's how the show Scrubs is too I think. Anyway we loved it and can't wait to watch the other seasons. And the night ended wonderfully after that!!
366 Blessings:
#214- Air Conditioning

No comments: