Thursday, April 24, 2008

"I'll tell you the tale of Sweeney Todd..."

Sunday April 20, 2008
Sunday was a fabulous day for me. I got to be Sarah for a little while instead of just Baily or Joaquin's mom, or Robert's wife, or something else. I got to be me. I got to enjoy adult conversation without being pulled on, whined at, yelled at, asked to do something for someone, changing diapers, wiping noses. Ok... you get the picture. And just a note here... I really, really do LOVE being a mom and the blessing I have to be at home with my kids. I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world. I was just long overdo for some me time. Anyway, in case you hadn't guessed already, I went to see the Broadway revival play of Sweeney Todd at Gammage on Sunday. I went with my very favorite brother Alex and a bunch of his amigas. A while ago Alex asked if he and his friends could crash at my house on Saturday night since they were going to see this play and I of course said yes. I love my little bro so much. He's so much fun and so talented and I love that he has such a passion for the fine arts- for drama and Broadway (thanks mom for getting him into that). Anyway, when he told me they had an extra ticket and asked if I wanted to go I was a little hesitant at first since I was worried it would be really gory and dark. But I eventually agreed and got more and more excited as the day approached. Alex and his posse didn't show up until like 2 or 3 Sunday morning and they were already showered and dressed by the time I even got up. Crazy kids! I knew one of them and she's always been a lot of fun. The other 3 I barely met on Sunday and they were all lots of fun too. So we spent the morning chatting and getting all gussied up and stuff. They left earlier than me (good thing because as much as I love my bro, he's not the best with directions and getting around down here in the valley). Anway after I got ready, I dropped off my fam at church (I really did feel guilty about ditching out on church to go see something that wasn't exactly spiritually uplifting but I rarely get to spend time like this with my brother which is very important to me) and then headed out to meet them on Mill Ave. We got a quick bite at Jack In The Box and then went to Gammage to hike up to our seats. Then... the time finally came. Two words- A-MAZING!! Loved it! Seriously, I'm so glad I went. The music was awesome and the effects and the whole cast playing the music while on stage... just amazing. I could go on and on. I am definitely a Sweeney Todd fan. After the fabulous show we got some

pics with a few of the cast members, waited around to talk to a few more and then we went to P.F. Chang's for dinner. Oh my goodness- it was to die for. Not only was the food GRRReat, but it was so nice to have adult conversation and to discuss thoughts and ideas and opinions. I felt like a grown-up with a tad bit of intelligence for the first time in a long time. The rule they have is everyone orders something different and then we all get to try a little bit of everything. What an ingenious idea. It was seriously so good. And of course we had the lettuce wraps to ourselves becase they're just too good to share (except with your brother of course). We even had dessert which I never do because it's too expensive. And here's my fortune from my fortune cookie. I thought it was pretty awesome- especially considering the fortune cookie rule (you know... put "in bed" at the end of the fortune- lol). I was truly treated on Sunday and it was much needed. And I just want to give the biggest thanks to my bro and to Robert for being so supportive, willing to take the kids and pushing me to take a little time to myself. I was wary about leaving them for so long but they did fine and Joaquin even took a bottle. And as much fun and excitement as I had, I was very anxious to get home on my drive back. I know they're hard too handle at times but I sure do love my angels... all 3 of them! What a fabulous day indeed!




366 Blessings:
#111- Going to see Sweeney Todd with Alex

5 comments:

candace said...

Very cool! I love Sweeny Todd. :)

Janel said...

I'm so glad you got to do that, it looks like so much fun!!

Malissa said...

I'm sorry...how much weight have you lost?? You are lookin thin and slim!! You go girl!! Good for you for taking time out for YOU!! Even if it is on Sunday!! I feel like Heavenly Father understands your needs...you need a sanity/ brother day!! You go girl!!

sheri rog said...

nothing better than a night out like that! so much better than a movie, huh! you looked great, too!

Beau said...

Hey Sis, you wanna know something? I miss you Sis. Don't get me wrong, I love being with my wife more than anything, but I miss spending time with you and Al and all of us together. Good times yeah? Im sure we both have many many good times ahead of us, and even right now is a good time, but you know what I mean. I just wanted to drop a line to say thanks for everything you do and everything you are for this our family. You are an amazing wife and mother, and not to mention sister and daughter. I love you Sis. Stay strong and true and I will too. Ciao!