Monday, January 23, 2012

Girl's Night Out

On Friday I had a GNO (Girl's Night Out) planned for dinner at Texas Roadhouse.  I had planned it early on in the month in hopes that we would have a big group.  I ended up having 5 girls planning on coming out which I was excited about.  Well... snow ruined that. 
 One by one I kept getting calls, texts and FB messages that my "girls" were cancelling due to the snow storm.  I was bummed.  Especially since on Friday I had 6 kids at home all day to watch over and I was fried by the end of the day.  But gratefully one friend prevailed and we decided to still go even though it was just her and I.  I'm so glad we did.  It was actually pretty nice with just us- we got a lot of time to chat and get to know each other better.  I'm grateful for a husband who realizes I need these nights every once in a while and supports and even encourages me leaving the house for the night.  I lucked out with that man!  Thanks Shalise for the fun night and as always, thanks to my favorite restaurant ever- Texas Roadhouse.  The steak they gave me was heavenly, divine even:)

No comments: