Sunday, February 12, 2012

Our house February 6th- 12th... 100th Day, Suns Game, Valentine's, A Reading Kub, Momma Red & Other New Stuff

We had quite the eventful week here at the Casa de Dominguez.

 This is just some pics of an ordinary dinner of our family dinner but I thought I'd share our routine.  We eat dinner (this night it was a yummy Santa Fe chicken dinner dish I created) while talking about the day (no tv allowed!).  Then we read family scriptures which at the time is the suggested weekly reading of The Book of Mormon taken from The Friend magazine (Joaquin's coloring the color chart that goes along with it in the picture).  After that we get out our family journal and we each take turns talking about 3 things- what we did for somebody that day, one thing we are grateful for that day, and what the best part of that day is.  After that the table is cleared and then we have family prayer.  And the kids cannot have family prayer unless they are given their gummy vitamins first.  On Monday nights FHE is between the family journal and the family prayer.  It's simple and it works for us and I LOVE it!!

On Tuesday night Robert and Andre and our friend Jeyson got to go to a Bucks vs Suns (they were going to see the Suns, not the Bucks) game.  The tickets were ridiculously cheap.  They had a good time:)

Wednesday was Baily's 100th Day of School.  She was told to bring 100 of something that would fit in a small brown paper bag and then she had to give 3 clues about what was inside.  She took 100 little pink hearts and her clues were: 1. an important part of the body, 2. love, and 3. pinkalicous.

She also wanted to bring a snack for their 100th Day of School party.  After much deliberation it was decided that we would put together 100 snacks snack bags.  They consisted of 20 M&M's, 20 pretzels, 20 Goldfish, 20 Kix, and 20 Cheerios.  We got an assembly line together and made 18 bags of 100 snacks snack bags.  She said they were a big hit at school.

I decided to be ambitious this week (while neglecting my messy house I might add), and get the kids' Valentine's made.  Thanks to Pinterest we found the perfect ones to make.  Baily decided on Butterfly Valentine's because she is, after all, Baily Bug.  I wanted her to be a lot more involved in making them this year instead of me doing most of them so I broke it down into 3 steps that we did over 3 days.  It helped in that she wasn't overwhelmed by all that needed to be done in one day.  Step 1 was to address each Valentine and then sign her name.  This was the most tedious step.  Step 2 was to cut out the butterflies and then add the foam heart stickers.  Step 3 was to make the hole punches, put the sucker in and then add the google eyes.  She loved the way they turned out and I think they're adorable!

I don't even know if Joaquin will be passing out Valentine's in his Headstart class this year but he really wanted to make his own Valentine's this year so I gladly obliged.  He decided on Super Hero Valentine's which were perfect for him because superheroes are his life right now.  I did most of the work on these but he helped by putting the stickers on the capes.  Daddy helped too.  He was so proud of them and I think these turned out dang cute too.  He's going to take them to his friends at Headstart and give some to his Travelling Preschool friends.

This is a common thing around here.  Kenai LOVES books and he loves to read to himself.  He doesn't necessarily want me to read to him but he still loves books.  And I love that he loves books (minus the having to pick up books at least 3 times a day!)!!

I got a Kindle Fire this week.  Two words... LOVE. IT.

We finally got new bedding.  I can't even tell you how bad we needed this.  Our old bedding had holes all over it with batting coming out everywhere and none of it matched.  I got a nice down comforter on clearance at Target for $24.99 and the quilt and shams for $19.99 at K-Mart.  Score!  Robert thinks it looks like an old lady's bed but I think it looks cute and comfy:)

I've been hearing so much about Zumba lately (my mom is now an instructor!!) and after seeing how much I love Just Dance on wii I decided to get Zumba for my wii.  Two words... LOVE. IT!!!  This totally kicks my butt workout wise and it's so dang fun.  Plus I'm pretty dang good at it which is pretty awesome.

 Most exciting thing this week was- I got a new (new to me) van!  Ol' Blue (our old van) was good to us but she needed to be replaced big time.  Her brakes were going, her battery died all the time and the side door didn't work.  So, without further ado, meet the newest member of our family... Momma Red!  Isn't she purrty?  She has working brakes, 2 working side doors (no more climbing through the front or back!), great breaks, working batter, was a great deal and she's my favorite color- red!  SO excited:)

Robert and I were very lucky to get to go on TWO date nights this weekend.  We swap with another couple every month and it just happened that their weekend to watch kids was Friday.  And because we weren't able to go to the temple last weekend we got to go yesterday instead.  It was great!  So on Friday Robert and I went and saw the movie Chronicle.  There was quite a bit of language which I hate but it was a pretty crazy and good movie.

 We almost didn't make it to the temple again this week because we were so late with the whole buy the new van shenanigans.  But I'm so glad we did.  It was beautiful and amazing and just what we needed.  Talk about a perfect Valentine's day weekend!



After we got home and the kids were nestled in bed I made Robert and Andre watch my new movie- Breaking Dawn.  I was so excited to get this movie.  It's a really cool edition.  It came with "authentic prop flowers from the wedding scene beautifully encased in an acrylic keepsake" which included "an individually numbered certificate of authenticity."  How cool is that?! I actually couldn't make it the whole way through but I can watch it whenever I want to now:)

Today Baily is sick so I'm at home with her.  I have not been to church in 3 weeks because Joaquin was sick, then my car wouldn't start and now Baily's sick.  I miss church.  I feel like an inactive.  But I have to say... reading to my girl for hours and snuggling with her and enjoying the quiet is not too bad either:)


So that's our week in a nutshell.  I'm hoping my girl gets better, none of the rest of us get sick and we have a great week.  And I hope you do too:)

No comments: