Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 21 — A favorite recipe

    Since I started my Biggest Loser Challenge this week I thought I'd share my most favorite recipe I tried this week (there were really so many good ones to choose from).  Since I'm a pizza and mushroom lover this one just clicked for me and taking a bite was like a walk in heaven- SO good:)  This will definitely be a much used recipe for me!

Recipe: Portobello "pizzas"

Most prefer to eat this “pizza” with a knife and fork!
Ingredients
  • 4 whole Portobello mushroom caps (about 5” each), stemmed removed
  • 1/2 cup low fat marinara sauce
  • 1/2 cup lean turkey Italian sausage, cooked, drained and crumbled
  • 4 tablespoons shredded fat free or low fat mozzarella cheese
  • 2 teaspoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
Preparation
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Wipe the mushrooms clean Place them on a baking sheet, gill side up.
Spoon sauce over each cap, then sprinkle on sausage and cheeses. Place in the oven and bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh basil. Serve immediately.
Tips
Mushroom factoid: One portabella mushroom has as much potassium as a banana.
Nutrient analysis (per pizza): 97 calories, 10 g protein, 7 g carbohydrates, 3 g fat, 1 g fat (saturated), 22 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 305 mg sodium

1 comment:

Sara said...

This looks DELISH!